> Development Process
Informatic Technologies uses one of the latest proven development methods. This method is called eXtreme Programming (XP). XP is
actually designed to eliminate risk and ensure rapid application development for new applications and successful long term development
for continuing projects.
>> XP Focus
XP is a discipline of software development based on values of simplicity, communication, feedback and courage. It works by bringing
us together as a team, in the presence of simple practices, with enough feedback to enable us to see where we are and to tune our
practices to our situation.
12 practices of XP
We have adapted, as best as possible, to the XP methodology. It has helped us to produce better, more reliable software quicker.
- Simple design: ensures that the software is delivered earlier
- Testing: frequent testing means software that will work all the time
- Re-factoring: reworking the code to make it easier to build on
- Coding Standards: ensures that we deliver as a team, sooner
- Collective Ownership: fewer hold ups because anyone can work on any code
- Continuous Integration: we can delivery many fully functional releases so that the customer can test and to give us feedback
- Metaphor: provides everyone with a clearer picture of how the software works, including the customer
- 40-Hour Week: working at an optimum level to ensure the best quality work consistently
- Pair Programming: Two heads are better then one, and they are also better than two separate heads, which means the quality and
quantity of code generated is also greater
- Small Releases: we make many small releases, the customer gets to test the latest release, and gives us feedback to mould the
software to achieve the best result
- On-site customer: to provide us with quick answers when we need it
- Planning games: the customer controls what will be built when